Online Casino Gambling
The Pros and Cons
Things to know before gambling online
Online Casino Gambling is comparable to shopping for bargains. The merchant wouldn’t want you as a customer if he didn’t make money on the items you buy. Likewise, the online casino wants players, not just because they will have fun, but because there is an opportunity of profit for the casino.
We understand and accept that whenever we purchase something, we pay not only for intrinsic value but also for the convenience of having what we desire readily available. But we don’t want to overpay, so we shop for the best deal or the lowest price at reputable outlets. The same criteria apply to online gambling.
New to online casino gambling
Those new to online casino gambling may wonder how to get started safely and securely. Internet gambling is a relatively young industry and a handful of less-than-honest cyberspace operators are still out there. The many good and the few bad fiercely elbow each other for market share.
When choosing Internet gambling spots, it’s best to avoid unfamiliar names. Playing in established casinos, those seen on numerous gambling content web sites, is usually a safe bet. Avoid, or at least investigate, unknown establishments, particularly if their bonus offers sound too good to be true.
Online Gambling games
You may also be wondering if the online gambling games are fixed. On average the casinos keep roughly 75% of money deposited so they shouldn’t need to cheat. We must trust that the vast majority of online casino gambling operations play fair. Many claim their software is independently checked for honesty and fairness.
As you visit various online casino gambling sites, take a close look at the features and/or the free games. If you sense the business is backed by professional management, chances are great it’s a fair and honest operation. Finally, trust your gut. If you get a bad feeling about a place, then resist playing there, even if you can’t explain the exact reason to yourself.
When you’ve decided which casino, there are often two ways you can play the games ? either by downloading the software unto your computer or no-download instant play. No-download means starting to play almost immediately. However, downloaded software offers a wider variety of games, plus often better sound and graphics. Personally, I start in Instant Play mode and download once I’m familiar with the casino and plan to play there more often.
The next step
The next step is to open an account. You simply follow the registration instructions on the casino web site. Then you deposit money into your account. You can usually use your credit card or debit card. Other options include Skrill (Moneybookers) or similar services. I recommend the latter. Skrill, Neteller and other e-wallets are safe, secure and hassle-free.
Once your account is funded, you may begin to place bets. Be sure you know the rules for your chosen game and also make certain you adhere to casino rules and conditions that might apply to your account. If you plan to return in the near future, do not withdraw your cash balance. Just leave the money in your account; it will be there when you come to play some more.
Cashing out your account balance is the deposit process in reverse. It?s fast and easy via Skrill, Neteller, etc. Other withdrawal methods can be more time consuming, but equally safe. If there is a net win, you might be asked for ID and verification of your address. Winnings may have to be sent by check. Most online casinos remit for free, others subtract a small charge.
Online casino gambling is different from betting in a bricks-and-mortar casino. In some ways it is better and in other ways it is worse. Here?s my list my pros and cons:
1. Online casino gambling is a competitive business. Competing casinos offer a lot to get and keep your business. All give sign-up bonuses to new customers, adding as much as 400% to their initial deposit.
2. The rules are better and the payout percentages are higher than in physical casinos.
3. You don’t have to travel long distances. The casino is where you are; on your computer or on your mobile device.
4. You don’t have to suffer real-live casino annoyances, like smokers, blaring music or busy-body fellow gamblers.
5. You don’t have to tip anyone.
1. You won’t receive your money instantly when you cash out (withdraw). Depending on the method used, it can take from 24 hours to a few weeks.
2. Customer care can be spotty. Most offer great service via live chat, email or toll-free telephone. Those taking several days to respond, you don’t want to deal with.
3. As a player, you have no power or authority in the event of a dispute. Usually the casino’s word is final and there is no impartial organization where you can lodge a complaint.
4. If you deposit by credit card, transactions seldom indicate the name of the casino. Instead the merchant’s bank is listed.
One of the biggest problems facing the online casino gambling business is abuse by players. This is a legitimate concern because there are too many people constantly attempting to defraud online casinos.
Although online casino gambling is a very competitive business, player abuse is so widespread that online casino competitors protect each other by sharing blacklists of players suspected of fraud and/or abuse.
Disputing credit card charges is the biggest problem. Do this and you will be blacklisted very quickly. Multiple accounts per household or computer are only frowned on if multiple bonuses are accepted in the same household or under the same e-mail address. There are also databases tracking bonus abusers, i.e. players who only play during bonus promotions.
There are an estimated 2,000 online casinos to choose from. How does a beginner tell one from the other? Find answers to these six questions when deciding on an online casino gambling venue:
1. How much is the sign-up or welcome bonus, and what is the play-through requirement?
2. What are the rules in blackjack and how are the video poker pay tables?
3. Is there live chat and/or a toll-free phone number?
4. Is the casino licensed by an accredited authority?
5. Is there information available about who owns and operates the casino?
6. Who provides the software, is it a well-known name?
Finding the online casino that is exactly perfect for you may not be easy, but it’s worth the effort. Good Luck!
Looking for new casino to play at? Are you tired playing the same casino games over and over again? Visit OnlineCasinoReports.com and you’ll be amazed by the amount of casinos listed there. Including user ratings and automatic score generator using over 50 different parameters. The reviews are arranged and sorted by almost any type of information you are interested to search by and you can compare casinos by bonuses and payment methods.
For more valuable gambling information be sure to visit 4 Internet Casinos and 4 Online Casino Gambling. Don’t miss these specialty sites: Online Slots Jackpots and Online Pai Gow Poker
Looking for different online games? Try Online Casino Jÿt?kok
|Share this page:|